Bill: RP: Grand Constitutional Reform for Valruzia - Wielka Reforma Konstytucyjna dla Walruzji (Draft)
Votes: This bill asks for an amendement to the Constitution. It will require two-thirds of the legislature to vote in favor. This bill will not pass any sooner than the deadline.
Voting deadline: October 4244
|Constitutional Reform for Valruzia |
Wielka Reforma Konstytucyjna dla Walruzji
• Keeping in mind the will and determination to secure the existence and future of our Homeland,
• Convinced that the Republic is the Commonwealth of every citizen,
• We the Valruzian Nation - all citizens of the Republic,
• Both those who believe in God as the source of truth, justice, good, and beauty,
• As well as those not sharing such faith but respecting those universal values as arising from other sources,
• Equal in rights and obligations towards the common good - Valruzia (Walruzja),
• Beholden to our ancestors for their labours, their struggle for independence achieved at great sacrifice, for our culture rooted in the Hosian heritage of the Nation and in universal human values,
• Obliged to bequeath to future generations all that is valuable from our over three thousand years' heritage,
• Bound in community with our compatriots dispersed throughout the world,
• Aware of the need for cooperation with all countries for the good of the Human Family,
• Mindful of the bitter experiences of the times when fundamental freedoms and human rights were violated in our Homeland,
• Desiring to guarantee the rights of the citizens for all time, and to ensure diligence and efficiency in the work of public bodies,
• Recognizing our responsibility before God or our own consciences,
• Hereby establish this Constitution of the Republic of Valruzia (Konstytucja Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej) as the basic law for the State, based on respect for freedom and justice, cooperation between the public powers, social dialogue as well as on the principle of subsidiarity in the strengthening the powers of citizens and their communities.
• We call upon all those who will apply this Constitution for the good of the Republic to do so paying respect to the inherent dignity of the person, his or her right to freedom, the obligation of solidarity with others, and respect for these principles as the unshakeable foundation of the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej).
Section I "On the basis of the Republic - O Podstawach Rzeczypospolitej":
► Article 1.
§1.a. By virtue of this Constitution, Valruzia shall become the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska). [OOC: In-Game mechanics name "Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska (Republic of Valruzia)"
§1.b. The Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczypospolita Walruzyjska) shall be the common good of all its citizens.
§1.c. The flag of the Republic of Valruzia shall be: http://i.cubeupload.com/3elkEn.png
§1.d. The Coat of Arms of the Republic of Valruzia shall be: http://i.cubeupload.com/Wl4wi1.png
§1.e. The motto of the Republic of Valruzia shall be "Indivisibiliter ac Inseparabiliter"
§1.f. The Capital of the Repulic of Valruzia shall be the city of Nowogard
► Article 2.
The Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczypospolita Walruzyjska) shall be a democratic state ruled by law and respect toward social justice.
► Article 3.
The Supreme power in the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczypospolita Walruzyjska) shall be vested in the Nation which shall exercise its power trough their representatives.
Section II "On the separation of powers in the Republic - O podziale władz w Rzeczypospolitej" :
► Article 4.
§1.a. The system of government of the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczypospolita Walruzyjska) shall be based on the separation of and balance between the legislative, executive and judicial powers.
§2.a. Legislative power shall be vested in the Parliament consisting of upper house, the Senate (Senat Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej) and lower house, the Sejm (Sejm Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej), executive power shall be vested in the President of the Republic of Valruzia (Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej) and the Council of Ministers (Rada Ministrów), and the judicial power shall be vested in courts and tribunals.
► Article 5.
§1.a. Legislative power in the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska) shall be exercised by the Parliament (Parlament Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej) consisting of Sejm and the Senate (Senat).
§2.a. The Sejm shall exercise control over the activities of the Council of Ministers within the scope specified by the provisions of the Constitution and statutes
§3.a. The Sejm shall consist of 465 deputies (masculine Poseł, feminine Posłanka).
§3.b. Elections to the Sejm shall be universal, equal, direct and proportional and shall be conducted by secret ballot.
§4.a. The Senate (Senat) shall be composed of 100 Senators (masculine/feminine Senator).
§4.b. Elections to the Senate shall be universal, equal, direct and proportional and shall be conducted by secret ballot with 5% electoral threshold and seats allocated with D'Hondt method (D'Hondt Seats Calculator: https://icon.cat/util/elections)
§4.c. The Senate shall be a consultative body with and shall not have any control over the course of policies established by the Parliament (Parlament) and Council of Ministers (Rada Ministrów).
§5.a. The Sejm and Senate (Senat) term lasts 4 years.
§5.b. The Sejm and Senate (Senat) can shorten its term with a majority of votes in the Sejm.
§6.a. Every citizen having the right to vote, who, no later than on the day of the elections, has attained the age of 21 years, shall be eligible to be elected to the Sejm.
§6.b. Every citizen having the right to vote, who, no later than on the day of the elections, has attained the age of 35 years, shall be eligible to be elected to the Senate.
§6.c. No person sentenced to imprisonment by a final judgment for an intentional indictable offence may be elected to the Sejm or the Senate.
► Article 6.
§1.a. Executive power in the Republic of Valruzia
(Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska) shall be exercised by the President of the Republic of Valruzia (Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej) and the Council of Ministers with President of the Council of Ministers (Rada Ministrów, Prezed Rady Ministrów).
Subsection I "On the President of the Republic of Valruzia - O Prezydencie Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej":
§2.a. The President of the Republic of Valruzia shall be the Head of State of the Republic and shall be the guarantor of the continuity of the Republic authority.
§2.b. The President of the Republic of Valruzia shall represent the
Republic for the purposes of international law. He shall conclude treaties with foreign states on behalf of the Federation. He shall accredit and receive envoys.
§2.c. The President shall exercise the power to pardon individual offenders on behalf of the Federation
§2.d. The President of the Republic shall grant Valruzian citizenship and shall give consent for renunciation of Valruzian citizenship.
§2.e. The President of the Republic shall confer orders and decorations.
§2.f. The President may delegate these powers to other authorities.
§2.g. The President of the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska) shall be elected in universal, equal, direct, proportional and secret ballot elections.
§3. The President of the Republic of Valruzia (Rzeczpospolita Walruzyjska) shall be elected by a majority of voters. If no candidate recieves more than 50% of votes casted in the first round, the second round is called between two candidates who got the biggest number of votes.
§4.a. Every citizen having the right to vote, who, no later than on the day of the elections, has attained the age of 35 years, shall be eligible to be elected to the President of the Republic of Valruzia.
§5.a. The President of the Republic of Valruzia is elected for a 4-year term.
§5.b. The term of the President of the Republic of Valruzia is fixed with the term of the Parliament (Parlament). If the term of the Parliament is shortened the termo the President is terminated.
§5.c. An individual, citizen of Valruzia, can serve as the President of the Republic of Valruzia for a maximum number of two consecutive 4-year terms.
Subsection II "On the Council of Ministers and the Government Administration - O Radzie Ministrów i Administracji Rządowej":
§1.a. The Council of Ministers shall be responsible for creation, conduction, and execution of both the internal and foreign policies of the Republic of Valruzia.
§1.b. The Council of Ministers shall manage the government administration.
§2.a. To the extent and in accordance with the principles specified by the Constitution and statutes, the Council of Ministers, in particular,
• ensure the implementation of statutes
• issue regulations,
• coordinate and supervise the work of organs of State administration
• protect the interests of the State Treasury
• adopt a draft State Budget
• supervise the implementation of the State Budget and pass a resolution on the closing of the State's accounts and report on the implementation of the Budget
• ensure the internal security of the State and public order
• ensure the external security of the State
• exercise general control in the field of relations with other States and international organizations
• conclude international agreements requiring ratification as well as accept and renounce other international agreements
• exercise general control in the field of national defense and annually
specify the number of citizens who are required to perform active
• determine the organization and the manner of its own work
§2.b. Responsibilities given in the paragraph 2.a. are the exclusive competences of the Council of Ministers
§3.a. The Council of Ministers shall be composed of the President of the Council of Ministers (Premier, Prezes Rady Ministrów) and ministers (Ministrowie, Minister)
§4. The Prime Minister shall:
• represent the Council of Ministers;
• manage the work of the Council of Ministers;
• issue regulations;
• ensure the implementation of the policies adopted by the Council of Ministers and specify the manner of their implementation;
• coordinate and control the work of members of the Council of Ministers;
• exercise, within the limits and by the means specified in the Constitution and statute, supervision of local government.
• be the official superior of employees of the government administration.
Old value:: Only the Head of State can propose a cabinet coalition.
Current: Each party can propose a cabinet coalition.
Proposed: Each party can propose a cabinet coalition.
Old value:: 5724
Old value:: http://i.imgur.com/WDalxWS.png
Proposal[?] to change The title of the head of government, who chairs the cabinet.
Old value:: Chancellor
Current: Prime Minister of the Republic of Valruzia (Prezes Rady Ministrów Rzeczpospolitej Walruzji)
Proposed: Prezes Rady Ministrów (President of the Council of Ministers)
Old value:: President
Current: President of the Republic of Valruzia (Prezydent Rzeczpospolitej Walruzji)
Proposed: Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej (President of the Republic of Valruzia)
Old value:: Parliament
Current: Zgromadzenie Narodowe
Proposed: Sejm Rzeczypospolitej Walruzyjskiej (Sejm of the Republic of Valruzia)
Old value:: Liberty or Death!
Current: Selucian: Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter (Luthorian: Indivisible and inseparable / Valruzian: Nierozłączna i niepodzielna)
Proposed: Indivisibiliter ac Inseparabiliter (Indivisible and Inseparable)
Proposal[?] to change The official title of subnational entities, also known as regions.
Old value:: State
Current: Województwo (Voivodeship)
Proposed: Województwo (Voivodeship)
Old value:: 30
Old value:: 750
These messages have been posted to debate on this bill:
|Date||20:24:33, July 10, 2017 CET||From||Nationalist Faction||To||Debating the RP: Grand Constitutional Reform for Valruzia - Wielka Reforma Konstytucyjna dla Walruzji (Draft)|
|Message||OOC: This has had absolutely zero discussion before hand, interrupting discussion that was already ongoing between members of Valruzia. This completely goes against those discussion and the wishes of the majority - large majority - of Valruzian players.|
|Date||16:40:14, July 11, 2017 CET||From||Alliance Canrillaise||To||Debating the RP: Grand Constitutional Reform for Valruzia - Wielka Reforma Konstytucyjna dla Walruzji (Draft)|
|Message||OOC: A fine measure to restore a once-vibrant culture back to Valruzia, instead of this generic English bullshit. You have my thanks and my approval.|
|Date||17:34:59, July 11, 2017 CET||From||Szlachta Walruzyjska||To||Debating the RP: Grand Constitutional Reform for Valruzia - Wielka Reforma Konstytucyjna dla Walruzji (Draft)|
|Message||OOC: As opposed to raping the culture with Victorian English out of the blue? That's a laugh.|
IC: This is a fine provision for our once-proud nation, and we will stand with the ROR to make Valruzia great again!
|Date||19:56:50, July 14, 2017 CET||From||Partia Koalicji Narodowej 🔵||To|
|Message||OOC: The proposed flag and coat of arms of the proposed Republic has been updated and awaits your feedback.|
|Date||20:03:11, July 14, 2017 CET||From||Partia Koalicji Narodowej 🔵||To|
|Message||OOC: Here's another version.. tell which one you prefer http://i.cubeupload.com/eeipWF.png|
|Date||19:40:54, July 15, 2017 CET||From||Szlachta Walruzyjska||To|
|Message||I like it|
|Date||10:26:09, July 16, 2017 CET||From||Szlachta Walruzyjska||To|
|Message||Here's a thought: what about restoring the monarchy to Valruzia? Most of the nations in this game run on the generic republic government type, which is fine for a bit, but it doesn't present a lot of opportunity for hard-line RP, in my experience. A monarchic system would allow us to wield more authority and influence with our global RP.|
|Date||19:37:51, July 17, 2017 CET||From||Valruzia Unionist Party||To|
|Message||All mottos & slogans should be in english.|
|Date||10:44:58, July 18, 2017 CET||From||Partia Koalicji Narodowej 🔵||To|
|Message||VUP guy, you are unfortunately wrong, I've provided English translation in the brackets next to them. The text of the motto is in Latin which is perfectly fine. Stop looking for holes where there aren't any or at least study the Game Rules before pointing something which you 'believe' is wrong.|
|Date||21:55:24, July 19, 2017 CET||From||Partia Koalicji Narodowej 🔵||To|
|Message||OOC: Please read all of the articles both those in the Description and those which will change the in-game mechanics of the gameplay before voting. If you vote yes, I assume that you've red all of the articles and by voting in favor you understand that this is RP bill and it can be expected from you to act in compliance of this RP Constitution.|
subscribe to this discussion - unsubscribe
Total Seats: 577
Total Seats: 0
Total Seats: 173
|Random fact: "Game mechanics comes first." For example, if a currently-enforced bill sets out one law, then a player cannot claim the government has set out a contradictory law.|
|Random quote: "I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it." - Niccolo Machiavelli|