Bill: Electoral and Parliamentary Reform Act of 4267
Votes: This bill asks for an amendement to the Constitution. It will require two-thirds of the legislature to vote in favor. This bill will not pass any sooner than the deadline.
Voting deadline: April 4268
|OOC: Should this bill pass, an amendment to paragraph 2 of the roleplay laws will be made. A new third paragraph, adding the speakers of the two chambers, will be added.|
We propose a reform of the legislative branch, under which
• The official abbreviation for a member of the Grand National Assembly is "MV", a shortening of "Milletvekili".
• The number of MVs is reduced from 535 to 500, and the number of Senators is reduced from 235 to 150.
• The position of Speaker of the Grand National Assembly is appointed by the largest party in the chamber.
• The position of Speaker of the Senate is held by the Vice President of the Republic, and thus rewarded to the party controlling the Presidency. However, if the Vice Presidency is held by an ally of the party holding the Presidency, then this allied party is the one that holds the Speakership.
• One half (75) of Senate seats are elected by proportional representation in a single nation-wide constituency, using the D'Hondt method, with a 5% threshold.
• The other half (75) of Senate seats are elected from the governorates (regions); each of them is represented by 15 Senators regardless of population, and the party obtaining a plurality of votes in a governorate is awarded all of its 15 seats on an at-large basis.
OOC: Tool for calculating the D'Hondt method: http://icon.cat/util/elections
Old value:: 535
These messages have been posted to debate on this bill:
|Date||11:12:33, September 05, 2017 CET||From||Milliyetçi Hareket Partisi||To||Debating the Electoral and Parliamentary Reform Act of 4267|
|Message||OOC: Since ULP missed the last vote.|
subscribe to this discussion - unsubscribe
Total Seats: 528
Total Seats: 0
Total Seats: 7
|Random fact: Did you know you can change the official name of your nation? All you need to do is draw up a new name that is in accordance with the National Renaming Guide, pass a bill proposing the name change with a 2/3rds majority and then post a request to Moderation on the "Nation/Region/City/Newspaper Renaming Requests" thread. You can change city and region names in this way too, so long as the new names "reflect the culture of the nation".|
|Random quote: "I am thankful for the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed." - Nancie J. Carmody|