Law of the Sea
This treaty was drafted in November 2094 by the Kirlawa Green Party.
|Signatory nations pledge to respect the following guidelines:|
* Absolute jurisdiction (Territorial waters) of 12 nautical miles from the shore, where this zone does not overlap with that of another country;
* Transient jurisdiction (Exclusive Economic Zone; EEZ) of 200 nautical miles from the shore, where this zone does not overlap with that of another country;
* Where zones meet or overlap, the border shall be set at the median (halfway) line between land masses. For neighboring countries, sea borders should extend perpendicular to the coast.
* Prior claims and disputes to be determined by the World Congress.
* A requirement that internal laws be amended to reflect the agreed-upon rules.
The treaty consists of the following articles.
The treaty has been formally ratified by the following nations.
The treaty contains no articles that can be verified.
You need to be logged in to view the section on ratification.
|Random fact: For more information on Particracy's former colonial nations, check out http://forum.particracy.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6640|
|Random quote: "The theory of Communism may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property." - Karl Marx|