League of Anti-Slavery Nations
This treaty was drafted in September 2876 by the Imperial East Terra Company.
|The League is committed to the prohibition of a free trade in slaves. All members of the League do recognise the slave trade or practice of slavery to be morally abhorrent and a crime against humanity. The undersigned nations do hereby resolve that:|
A) An International Prefecture Court shall be established to try slavers and pass sentence.
Ai) The Prefecture Court shall be headed by the Chairman of the League.
Aii) All members of the League shall have a representative in the Prefecture.
Aiii) The Court shall establish the guilt or innocense of an individual/group/country for crimes against humanity.
A iv) The Court shall be able to pass the following sentences:
- A fine to be levied against the individual/company/agent/country/group guilty of trading or transporting slaves through prohibited waters not to exceed the equivalent of 100 billion GAD.
- The indefinite detainment/scrappage of the vessel in question.
- A prison sentence of an indefinite period for those charged of crimes against humanity.
- The liberation of the slaves and distribution of freemen to the protection of members of the League.
i) The definition of slave trade is: The practice or pursuit of forcefully removing all independent rights of an individual without compensation or salary and demanding through the use of force or intimidation, labour or work that is outside of normal employment laws
ii) The Director for The League of Anti-Slavery Nations shall publish a list of countries and companies that a) Conduct or participate in the practice of slavery and/or b) Allow the practice of slavery and/or c) Transport slaves unless liberating those onboard and/or d) support slavery by any form.
iii) All vessels that are operated by or from a nation on the Prohibition List and who enter the signatory's waters or waters where the signatory of the treaty is entitled to operate anti-slavery operations, will be subject to unannounced boardings by Officers of the signatory's armed forces/ police / coastguard or other civil or armed uniformed organisation. Such vessels will be searched for evidence of slavery.
iv) All vessels that dock or stop in the signatory's ports will be searched for slaves.
iv) If slaves are found on any vessel, the Boarding Officer Commanding may use his/her discretion regarding the following actions:
a) The vessel may be escorted to its point of entry into the signatory's waters / patrol waters and told to leave.
b) The vessel may be detained at a signatory or allied port and the case submitted to the Prefecture Court.
c) The slaves onboard may be liberated or detained in signatory properties.
d) The shipping company or flagged country of the vessel may be fined on the spot up to the equivalent of 150,000 GAD per slave.
e) The ship's crew may be arrested and charged with crimes against humanity by the signatory nation's own court.
v) All signatory nations shall support the anti-slavery operations and help enforce such operations conducted by fellow League members if able to do so.
The treaty consists of the following articles.
The ratifiers acknowledge that with respect to:
The policy of their national government and law should be:
Slavery and the slave trade are illegal.
The treaty has been formally ratified by the following nations.
|Sameinað Konungsríki Tælmörks og Suðureyja (Telamon)||November 5024|
|Koperasi Republik Vorona/Cooperative Republic of Vorona (Vorona)||December 4686|
|Wrnukaék Konzknstat (Vanuku)||July 4606|
|Unione di Quanzar ed Alaria (Quanzar)||September 4587|
|Republic of Kalistan (Kalistan)||April 4512|
|Republic of Likatonia (Likatonia)||August 4267|
|Yindala Da Tong (Yingdala)||February 4262|
|Federal Republic of Gaduridos (Gaduridos)||May 2877|
The following nations (2 in total) are not in compliance to the articles outlined in this treaty.
The following nations (56 in total) are in compliance.
- Königreich Dorvik (Dorvik)
- Brenhiniaeth Ddemocrataidd Aloria / Demokratische Monarchie Aloria (Aloria)
- Dundorfische Demokratische Republik (Dundorf)
- Poblacht na Choiarlabhan (Kirlawa)
- Unionen Dovmark og/och Kivonien (Davostan)
- Commonwealth of Rutania (Rutania)
- Unionis Kundrati (Kundrati)
- Ndráloni Apostoli Magas Királyság (Endralon)
- Republic of Beluzia (Beluzia)
- ḥw Mnhs / The People's Union of Hawu Mumenhes (Ikradon)
- Holy Luthorian Empire (Luthori)
- Hobratsuri Respublika (Hobrazia)
- Confederatie van Narikaton en Darnussien / Staatenbund von Narikaton und Darnussien (Narikaton and Darnussia)
- Maliviya Prajaataantrik Ganatantr/Malivian Democratic Republic (Malivia)
- Commonwealth of Hutori (Hutori)
- Sameinað Konungsríki Tælmörks og Suðureyja (Telamon)
- Republic of Likatonia (Likatonia)
- Rzeczpospolita Walruzja (Valruzia)
- United States of Lodamun (Lodamun)
- República Federal da Tukarali (Tukarali)
- Republic of Kalistan (Kalistan)
- United States of Baltusia (Baltusia)
- Federal Republic of Gaduridos (Gaduridos)
- Jemhewra Aldegar (Aldegar)
- Federale Republiek van Seridjan (Saridan)
- Commonwealth of Mordusia (Mordusia)
- République Trudeauiste de Rildanor (Rildanor)
- Royaume-Uni de Kanjor (Kanjor)
- Union Communale d'Aldurie (Alduria)
- Königreich Dolgava (Dolgava)
- Yindala Da Tong (Yingdala)
- Trigunskaya Federatsiya Sotsialisticheskoy Respubliki (Trigunia)
- Confederaţie Noului Endralo și a Chizână/Újndrálon és Kizénia Államszövetsége (New Endralon and Kizenia)
- Reino de Egelion (Egelion)
- Senatus Populusque Selucianus (Selucia)
- Federace Deltarska (Deltaria)
- Repubblika Axiaqista Demokratika ta Cildania (Cildania)
- Jumhuriat al-Badara (Badara)
- Unione di Quanzar ed Alaria (Quanzar)
- Fürstentum vu Keymun (Keymon)
- Mängəstä Kobura (Cobura)
- Al-Jamahiriat Al-Muetaraniat Al-Qalbiat Al-Uzmaa (Kafuristan)
- Jomhūrī-ye Sahel/Republic of Solentia (Solentia)
- Omospondía Kalópon Koinonión (Kalopia)
- Çakaniye Sosyalist Cumhuriyeti (Jakania)
- Jelbék H'ánknstat (Jelbe)
- Wrnukaék Konzknstat (Vanuku)
- Dewleta nû ya Barmenia (Barmenistan)
- Pontesi hanrapetut’yun (Pontesi)
- Medinat Beiteinu (Beiteynu)
- Serene Kyo People's Republic (Dankuk)
- Kongeriket Kazulmark (Kazulia)
- Koperasi Republik Vorona/Cooperative Republic of Vorona (Vorona)
- Dai Sekouo Teikoku (Seko)
- Royaume Uni de Lourenne (Lourenne)
- Ijoba Itusile ti Talmoria (Talmoria)
You need to be logged in to view the section on ratification.
|Random fact: Players who consent to a particular role-play by acknowledging it in their own role-play cannot then disown it or withdraw their consent from it. For example, if player A role-plays the assassination of player B's character, and player B then acknowledges the assassination in a news post, but then backtracks and insists the assassination did not happen, then he will be required under the rules to accept the validity of the assassination role-play.|
|Random quote: "Envy is the cause of political division." - Democritus|