Declaration on the Rights of Mentally Retarded Persons
This treaty was drafted in December 2134 by the RSDP - Democratic Front.
|The States Parties to the present Declaration ,|
Reaffirming faith in human rights and fundamental freedoms and in the principles of peace, of the dignity and worth of the human person and of social justice,
Recalling the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
Emphasizing the necessity of protecting the rights and assuring the welfare and rehabilitation of the physically and mentally disadvantaged,
Bearing in mind the necessity of assisting mentally retarded persons to develop their abilities in various fields of activities and of promoting their integration as far as possible in normal life,
Aware that certain countries, at their present stage of development, can devote only limited efforts to this end,
Proclaim this Declaration on the Rights of Mentally Retarded Persons and call for national and international action to ensure that it will be used as a common basis and frame of reference for the protection of these rights:
1. The mentally retarded person has, to the maximum degree of feasibility, the same rights as other human beings.
2. The mentally retarded person has a right to proper medical care and physical therapy and to such education, training, rehabilitation and guidance as will enable him to develop his ability and maximum potential.
3. The mentally retarded person has a right to economic security and to a decent standard of living. He has a right to perform productive work or to engage in any other meaningful occupation to the fullest possible extent of his capabilities.
4. Whenever possible, the mentally retarded person should live with his own family or with foster parents and participate in different forms of community life. The family with which he lives should receive assistance. If care in an institution becomes necessary, it should be provided in surroundings and other circumstances as close as possible to those of normal life.
5. The mentally retarded person has a right to a qualified guardian when this is required to protect his personal well-being and interests.
6. The mentally retarded person has a right to protection from exploitation, abuse and degrading treatment. If prosecuted for any offence, he shall have a right to due process of law with full recognition being given to his degree of mental responsibility.
7. Whenever mentally retarded persons are unable, because of the severity of their handicap, to exercise all their rights in a meaningful way or it should become necessary to restrict or deny some or all of these rights, the procedure used for that restriction or denial of rights must contain proper legal safeguards against every form of abuse. This procedure must be based on an evaluation of the social capability of the mentally retarded person by qualified experts and must be subject to periodic review and to the right of appeal to higher authorities.
The treaty consists of the following articles.
The treaty has been formally ratified by the following nations.
|ḥꜥȝsu Mnhs (The Free Kingdom of Hawu Mumenhes)||April 4208|
|Federal Republic of Likatonia||February 4135|
|République d'Aldurie||June 3875|
|Bundesrepublik Dundorf||April 3806|
|República Democrática do Tukarali||January 3572|
|Grand Imperial Union of Dankuk (단국 대제국)||March 3529|
|Repubblica Istaliana (Istalia)||September 3463|
|Gweriniaeth Ddemocrataidd Aloria||October 3239|
|Republic of Cildania||January 3163|
|Federal Union of Gaduridos||December 3157|
|רפובליקת יידיש של ביתנו (Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu)||March 3125|
|Poblacht na Kirlawa (Republic of Kirlawa)||December 2692|
The treaty contains no articles that can be verified.
You need to be logged in to view the section on ratification.
|Random fact: The use of proxy servers makes it impossible to detect multiing and is therefore forbidden. Players who access Particracy through a proxy will have their accounts inactivated.|
|Random quote: Once again, we will wage war against fascism, only this time a civil war of words and politics. � Count Vladimir Borisov, Chairman of the Committee of Ministers of the Trigunian Empire|