Bill: OOC/RP: Role play Accord Ratification.
Votes: This bill is a resolution. It requires more yes votes than no votes. This bill will not pass any sooner than the deadline.
Voting deadline: September 3969
Overview of the RP Team and Role-Play Protocol
19. Global Role-Play Team.
Moderation may appoint a small number of Global Role-Players, who will collectively comprise the Global Role-Play Team and whose identities will be listed on the Register of Global Role-Players & Nationmasters. Global Role-Players may not generally compel players or nations to role-play, to acknowledge a role-play or to role-play in a particular way, but they do enjoy a special licence to initiate role-play across the game world. They are to put the general interests of the game first and must not pursue any narrow, personal in-game agenda.
The Team takes collective responsibility for its decisions and operates under Moderation's overview. It automatically comes to the end of its term of office at the close of each Cultural Era, when appointments and/or reappointments will be made.
Where appropriate, the Team may delegate role-play and other tasks to players outside of the Team, but it retains overall responsibility.
The objectives of the Global Role-Play Team are:
- to be an active presence in the game community.
- to promote awareness of and adherence to the Game Rules.
- to liaise with Nationmasters, who they should generally defer to on issues directly affecting a nation the Nationmaster is attached to.
- to supervise the Role-Play Accord (see section 20).
- to lead the role-play of the former colonial territories.
- to lead the role-play of a United Nation-style in-game organisation.
- to initiate and encourage role-play, most especially international role-play and role-play on the forum.
- to encourage discussion on the General Discussion sub-forum about role-play.
- to reach out to players who are new to the game or who have not been extensively involved in role-play before.
- to coach players on the intricacies of the game and on how to improve their role-play.
- to advise Moderation of situations that need attention.
- to advise Moderation of how the rules are working and how they could be improved.
- to recommend new candidates for the Team.
20. Role-Play Accord.
Nations which ratify the Role-Play Accord place themselves under the authority of the Global Role-Play Team in terms of economic and military matters. The Team may not impose political decisions upon players, such as to declare war or raise taxes, but they may define the nation's military and economic character.
If the guidance laid down by the Team in this regard is not followed, a report may be submitted on the Role-Play Accord thread. If the report is either instigated by the Team or supported by the Team, then Moderation will make a ruling on the issue.
A nation can ratify the Role-Play Accord by passing a bill supported by a 2/3rds majority of all players with seats (not just those with seats who vote) and over 50% of the seats in the legislature. Also, at least one of the players sponsoring the ratification must have been currently continuously active in the nation (ie. no inactivations) for at least 1 month. A notification should then be made on the Role-Play Accord thread, so Moderation can update the Role-Play Accord Index.
A nation can withdraw from the Role-Play Accord by passing an appropriate motion with a simple majority of players with seats (ie. more players with seats vote for it than against it). A notification should then be made on the Role-Play Accord thread, so Moderation can update the Role-Play Accord Index.
Moderation reserves the discretion to dissolve a nation's membership of the Role-Play Accord in exceptional cases where co-operation between the Team and the nation's players has irretrievably broken down.
THIS VOTE IS HEREBY ACCEPTING THE ROLE-PLAY PROTOCOLS AS PROSCRIBED ABOVE, CHANGES TO SAID PROTOCOLS REQUIRE A REVOTE BY THE ACTIVE MEMBERS OF TRIGUNIA
These messages have been posted to debate on this bill:subscribe to this discussion - unsubscribe
Total Seats: 500
Total Seats: 0
Total Seats: 0
|Random fact: Particracy allows you to establish an unelected Head of State like a monarch or a President-for-life, but doing this is a bit of a process. First elect a candidate with the name "." to the Head of State position. Then change your law on the "Structure of the executive branch" to "The Head of State is hereditary and symbolic; the Head of Government chairs the cabinet" and change the "formal title of the Head of State" to how you want the new Head of State's title and name to appear (eg. King Percy XVI).|
|Random quote: "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." � Lord Acton|